[HOT] Hi-Res GeoTiff or other raster map for Haiti

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Tue Dec 6 20:27:24 GMT 2011

Hi Olivia,

The Bing imagery is available for the OSM tools (Potlach2 via browser and
JOSM, the Java OSM editor, possibly others). I don't know but am in the
understanding that it's (as of now) not available for other platforms.
There may also be a possibility to get access to the Bing imagery for other
platforms.

In any case a shortlink to the coverage screenshot of the Bing imagery is
http://j.mp/bing-ht-May11 .
If you could send a bit more information what areas you are needing I can
ask for their availability if they are missing from this coverage.

For rural areas (outside the earthquake affected areas) it's noteworthy
that the imagery (that I have seen) through the public/free$ providers
(such as the public Google/Bing imagery) can be years old. Even nearly 10
years.

It would be very good to create a project page into the OSM wiki for your
mapping activities (which applies for other projects, too, and needs to be
both done and raised on the talk-ht at osm list).

As per buying the imagery, I have no idea. But others here do.

Cheers from Delmas,
-Jaakko

--
jaakko at helleranta.com * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +509-37-269154  *