[HOT] Suggestions for Helicopter-based Imagery

Jeffrey Warren jeff at unterbahn.com
Thu Feb 10 06:04:15 GMT 2011

What's interesting about that technique is that it uses Hugin to
orthorectify imagery but he mentions that he is manually correcting ground
control points (GCPs). This almost invalidates the use of hugin, but makes
sense since what you really want to do is rectify against a reference map,
so that the data doesn't drift.

Manual stitching has for the most part proved to be much more accurate, even
for large areas, and especially for relatively oblique imagery. (and in fact
because in the osm.totor.ph example, he is actually manually moving GCPs, he
might be better off using a program which allows a reference layer)

Jeff

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com