[HOT] Christchurch earthquake - what can on the ground OSM mappers do?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 23:05:46 GMT 2011

On 24 February 2011 10:22, Dane Springmeyer <dane at dbsgeo.com> wrote:
> I'm getting set up with a NZ host to get tiles going.  If someone has
> already started working on this let me know.
> I will be updating here and  https://groups.google.com/group/nzopengis/ with
> progress.
> I am also in #eqnz in freenode.net

excellent. OSM Auckland will be having their first meet tonight [1].
if you would like to come along, that would be great - perhaps we can
offer some help/suggestions/resources? we have plans to start a tile
server, but no  work done yet beyond a couple of ideas

or if you're in welly, they will be starting meetings very soon also [2]

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Auckland
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Wellington

--
robin