[HOT] Recommendation for Humberto_Yances

Fredy Rivera fredyrivera at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:02:44 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Committee,
> I had the pleasure to work with Humberto_Yances from Colombia on flooding of
> Colombia project. We worked together on importing the administrative
> boundaries of Colombia and on the wiki and other validation issues.
> It would be great if he got the chance to come to the SOTM.
I also think it would be productive for our OSM community in Colombia,
Humberto go to the SOTM

Location: Cartagena, Región Caribe, Colombia

Humberto have been a very active mapper, specially from colombian
floods started at the end of 2010.  He carry out worshops and chats to
differents audience talking about positive impact of OSM into disaster
management.  Always looking for imagery/map sources and people to
teach tools like JOSM/Potlach.

His focus is Caribbean Region of Colombia a great zone with more that
a 1.000.000 people affected by floods and need to get strong a
local/regional mappers community, it would be nice to have him at SOTM
2011.

salu2
Freed