[HOT] Tagging Japan: still standing structures

Hans van Wijk hvwijk at planet.nl
Tue Mar 15 19:26:31 GMT 2011

Hi,

In Haiti we used earthquake:* to make a difference between 'normal' keys and
disaster keys. I see tsunami:* keys appear on the map for Japan. I think
that's fine! I see in flooded/destroyed areas a few strucures still
standing. I suggest we use for those 'tsunami:damage=standing structure'
together with building=yes. I can imagine that if people are still there on
the ground somewhere they might take shelter in those structures. They might
also also be used as landmarks for teams on the ground.

What do you think? In the meantime I already start with it. It's easy to
change them into something else with JOSM in one go.

Regards,
Hans