[HOT] Planning a map-athon for Japan..which part to map?

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:49:39 GMT 2011

Hey Lieke

Many thanks for getting in touch. Great that you set up this map-athon
within your academic workplace. In the long run, HOT is working towards
establishing academic nodes in support of HOT activation or more long term
HOT projects. I did not had time to be engaged in the japan
earthquaek/tsunami response but I am sure that someone from HOT or from OSM
JP will provide some mapping guidance (area and features to be mapped).

Excellent day
Nicolas

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Verhelst, Lieke <lieke.verhelst at wur.nl>wrote:

>  Dear HOT members
>
> We are a team of GIS and Remote Sensing students and researchers in
> Wageningen the Netherlands.
> Next Thursday we will organise a 3 hour benefit OSM map-athon for Japan
> (17:00 -20:00 GMT+1).
> We are hoping to have some 40 people involved, so my question is: do you
> have a particular area that we can work on at that time?
> By the way, the video and blog are very informative! Thanks!!
>

> Met vriendelijke groeten, Regards,
>

> Lieke Verhelst MSc.
>
> Alterra, onderdeel van Wageningen UR
>
> Centrum voor Geo-informatie
>
> Postbus 47, 6700 AA, Wageningen
>
> Wageningen Campus, Gebouw GAIA (100)
>
> Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB, Wageningen
>
> Tel. +31 (0)317 481658
>
> http://www.alterra.wur.nl
>
> http://www.disclaimer-nl.wur.nl/
>
> http://nl.linkedin.com/in/liekeverhelst