[HOT] Flooding in Richelieu River, Quebec, Canada

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Wed May 11 15:23:59 BST 2011

Thanks Brad,

I have added a reference to your site.

Pierre Béland
2011-05-11

De : Brad Neuhauser
Date/heure : 2011-05-11  10:06:30
A : Pierre_Béland
Cc : HOT Openstreetmap
Sujet : Re: [HOT] Flooding in Richelieu River, Quebec, Canada

Pierre, have you seen this site?  http://mbfloods.ca/pqfloods/  Cheers, Brad

2011/5/11 Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>

There are 3,000 houses presently affected by flooding of the Richelieu River in Quebec, Canada.  The water has raised less than 2 meters but portions up to a kilometer along the river have been flooded. Urban and rural areas are flooded. The water level moves down very slowly (4cm per day).
See Map http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/quebec-canada/national/inondations-en-monteregie/?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B17_carte_1509819_section_POS1

I don't think that we should create a page for it on Hot.  Personnaly, I live in one of the cities concerned and concentrated my efforts in developping a <<Crisis site>> wich objective is to seek people ready to help. I work in collaboration with Help organisations and cities.
See site in french : http://solidarite-inondation-richelieu-2011.blogspot.com/
Translation Solidarity, Richelieu river flooding.

regards
Pierre Béland