[HOT] Ivory Coast - update

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Thu May 12 20:17:01 BST 2011

Le 12/05/2011 18:06, Frédéric Bonifas a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I relay a demand from an organization currently working in Ivory Coast
> and looking at OSM data.
> The area of interest is the western part of Ivory Coast (
> http://osm.org/go/asyLX0 ), as geodata is scarcely available there.
> Very useful features are :
>
> * Village names, PD maps are available :
> http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/cote_d%27ivoire.html
> * Landuse, and especially agricultural land if distinguishable on the imagery
> * Completing the map of Man
>
> These features can be traced with the third Spot satellite imagery :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/En:WikiProject_Ivory_Coast/Imagery
>
> Thanks for the help

Hi All,

To help with village names, a public domain US Army Map Service
1:1,000,000 map (from 1962) that includes South West of Côte d'Ivoire is
available as WMS from the Relief Map Warper.

WMS URL link:
http://maps.nypl.org/relief/maps/wms/367

WMS URL link for JOSM:
http://maps.nypl.org/relief/maps/wms/367?request=GetMap&version=1.1.1&styles=&format=image/png&srs=epsg:4326&exceptions=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage&

It was georeferenced simply with the printed lat/lon of the four corners.

Feel free to do the same with 1:250,000 maps if you feel it could be
useful. Or let me know.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

--