[HOT] HOT assets beneficiary - part of becoming a 501(c)(3)

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Nov 25 07:57:35 GMT 2011

:)

I think the other question is what do we wish to see in a beneficiary
meaning what is the goal.

The issue with our Articles of Incorporation is we list the
OpenStreetMap Foundation as a beneficiary, but since they aren't a
501c3 that doesn't work.  The thought originally of listing them was
that they would continue the goal of helping spread OpenStreetMap.
But, is that the goal?

Is the importance open-data?  Using open-data for humanitarian
response? Open-source software? Open-source software for humanitarian
response?

I'm inclined towards open-data rather than open-source software.  In
which case I'm not sure what the correct organization would be.

-Kate