[HOT] Activation Protocols

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Wed Sep 21 10:23:38 BST 2011

For those that weren't at State of the Map there were a lot of topics
gone over.  (Yes we are going to publish minutes from the board
meeting, sorry we've been a bit slow).

Anyway, one of the topics were activation protocols.  What does it
mean for HOT to activate remotely?  What procedures in place should we
have so that we can be most effective in helping those working on the
ground?  What can make communications internally easier as well as
externally to other volunteer groups or traditional responders?

I'd like to start a discussion on this on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Activation_Protocols

Meaning let's start outline possible protocols.

If someone wants to take the lead on this great!

-Kate