[HOT] Kota Bogor on the task manager

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:23:56 BST 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Will Skora <skorasaurus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex,

> - In the completed squares, some of the buildings are traced. Are you
> recommending all buildings be traced before a square is marked complete
> ? IMHO, since this is the first map for this area in any capacity, we
> should just focus on the infrastructure (roads, rivers, bridges, bodies
> of water). Given the very densely built environment, it can also be
> difficult to determine where buildings begin and end.

I am very new to OSM and to the task manager.  I sincerely apologize
for the lack of clarity.

I am still learning how to tag these features myself and how to build
a map that will get finished :)

You are right, what you say about the first mapping. Also, about the
ways, the wider ones I have been tagging as alleys, yes, and the more
invisible ones as Combination Foot and Cycleway. For access I
recommend:

I can't remember seeing

I will (want to) update the task to be as you say.  Thank you very
much for bringing this to my attention.

I have been going a little overboard learning the OSM features and
appropriate tagging.  I am hoping to finish a few squares as examples
so that I can learn how to do this properly, but, the task manager
should focus on these core infrastructure, as you say.

Oh No! I can't edit the description because Pierre recreated it. :(

Pierre?

Can we put in this updated description and task description?  Does
anyone have anything else to add?  I will wikify this when it is
complete.

Kota Bogor
Mapping Bogor is a really important task because no accurate street
map is available anywhere. We are excited to be working on this
project because many of the NGO projects taking place in the city need
better maps to aid in their coordination.

Task Description
Because this is the first map of this area the task is to focus on
roads and core infrastructure.
*roads
*rivers
*bridges
*bodies of water
It is not necessary to trace all buildings before marking a task complete.
Please add Source=Bing to each path and node you complete using the
Bing satellite imagery.

The ultra dense traditional housing areas are difficult to map in
almost every way and can be skipped for the most part.
A "Residential Area" can be drawn around them to show where they are
located in relation to other infrastructure.

If you find yourself lost in concentration attempting to trace tiny
hairline paths through the dense residential areas you can use the
following tags:

highway=path
motorcycle=designated
foot=designated

Thank-you very much for your help on this task!

Alex