[HOT] Cyclone Evan

Shoreh Elhami shoreh.elhami at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:05:21 GMT 2012

Hi Melissa,
I just went thru the skype discussion as I was out at our county's disaster
response simulation yesterday. I don't see much of a discussion on needs
for GIS data collection (for damage assessment) and/or need for GIS
analysis or remote sensing. We did some of that on OSM post Samoa
simulation last year. Perhaps that comes later?
Best....Shoreh

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Melissa Elliott <
melissa.elliott at blackboxcommunications.ca> wrote:

> Hi David,
> I believe both you and Shoreh are in the coordinator Skype window now.
>
> Let me know if you need anything – thanks!
> Melissa
>
> --
> *Standby Task Force *
> Location: Toronto (UTC/GMT –4)
> 416-995-4808
> melissa at standbytaskforce.com
> skype: mellomely
> twitter: @MelyMello
> http://blog.standbytaskforce.com <http://blog.standbytaskforce.com/about/>
>
> From: Jonas Shorn <shornjonas at googlemail.com>
> Date: Saturday, 15 December, 2012 10:55 AM
> To: David Litke <dwlitke at comcast.net>
> Cc: <hot at openstreetmap.org>, Shoreh Elhami <shoreh.elhami at gmail.com>,
> Melissa Elliott <melissa.elliott at blackboxcommunications.ca>
> Subject: Re: [HOT] Cyclone Evan
>
> Hi David,
>
> nice to hear from you!
>
> We are mapping on a crowdmap right now. Contact Melissa Elliott, she could
> send you reports.
>
> Best,
>
> Svend-Jonas
>
> 2012/12/14 David Litke <dwlitke at comcast.net>
>
>> **
>> Kate Chapman and others,
>> Hello I am David Litke with GISCorps. Shoreh Elhami asked me to touch
>> base, just to discuss activities related to Digital Humanitarian Network
>> response to Cyclone Evan. Don't know if at some point building footprints
>> will be needed to analyze effects of storm.
>> Dave

Shoreh Elhami
GISCorps Co-founder
www.giscorps.org