[HOT] Kivu Volunteers

Reinier Battenberg reinier.battenberg at mountbatten.net
Wed Dec 19 16:02:52 GMT 2012

Hi,

We emailed around a bit and came across www.kivuphone.net For those of you who
do not master the Dutch language, its an initiative that runs a GPS enabled
radiostation. So, you dial in to the radioshow and listen to it on your phone.

They have a network of volunteers that we could tap into. If we organise a
training, we could create a group of people on the ground that could start
with filling in streetnames in the cities, and eventually do more, depending on
resources & needs.

Would this be interesting to organise? How would that work? Who would be able
to go? Is there budget to organise GPSes & trainers to go and stay (and
insure!)?

--
rgds,

Reinier Battenberg