[HOT] Looking for the Digital Globe image of 20.01.2012 released in Haiti after the 12 January earthquake

Olivia Stinson oliviastinson at architectureforhumanity.org
Thu Feb 2 13:18:52 GMT 2012

We are supposed to get it from CNIGS. We did have to sign an agreement to
get it (and it is not in my hands yet - I hope this afternoon). But they
have it and are meant to make it available to all NGOs who want it.

The UN-HABITAT led SPU said we are all supposed to use this same image, but
it is not being disseminated yet. Going to a data-sharing meeting there
today and will ask and keep you posted.

ODS

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM, nicolas chavent
<nicolas.chavent at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> HOT and the Communaute OpenStreetMap of Haiti (COSMHA) are working
> together on a training and mapping project in the commune of Saint Marc
> (Haiti). We are looking for the Digital Globe image of 20.01.2012 released
> in Haiti after the 12 January earthquake (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Imagery_and_data_so...<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Imagery_and_data_sources#DigitalGlobe>)
> which can compliment well the Bing imagery already in use for this project.
> Thanks in advance for any hint.
>
> Best,
> Nicolas
>

> --
> Nicolas Chavent
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti
> Mobile (Haiti): +509 4617 3334
> Landline (FRA): +33 2 97 26 23 08
> Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
> Skype: c_nicolas
> Twitter: nicolas_chavent

Olivia Stinson
Urban Planner
Architecture for Humanity
The Rebuilding Center
12 rue Rebecca, Pétion-Ville
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Haiti Cell: + (509) 31 70 89 98
Office: + (509) 29 40 46 59
oliviastinson at architectureforhumanity.org
Skype: dawa313

Architecture for Humanity is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that
seeks architectural solutions to humanitarian crisis and brings design
services to communities in need. If you'd like to learn more about our
organization, please visit: http://www.architectureforhumanity.org