[HOT] Crisis Mapping Workshop at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Ottawa, Canada

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 5 01:33:43 GMT 2012

I have been invited to participate to a one day event next thursday at the Canada Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada department (DFAIT), where 150 to 200 government officials are expected to participate.

The agenda will include an " idea sprint " where participants will be guided through a number exhibits from public, private and non-profit sector representatives. The purpose of the idea sprint is to expose DFAIT audience to new tools, new partners and approaches to collaboration. Participants will be divided into small groups and spend 5 minutes at each exhibit to learn more about their organization. They will provide to each exhibitor a table where we can set up a display to support or presentation.

In this context, I have prepared a six pages brochure (pdf) describing HOT Activities to be distributed to participants.
http://pierzen.dev.openstreetmap.org/hot/documents/HOTCrisisMappingWorkshopDepartmentofForeignAffairsCanada.pdf

I also plan to have a few posters and exhibits on a portable computer (if my wifi connection comes back to life).

I have a very short period to respond to this invitation. I invite those interested to rapidly read the text and email me their comments.

Also, if you have any posters related to HOT, pleased send me a copy of those.

Regards
Pierre Béland

conference detailed program
http://pierzen.dev.openstreetmap.org/hot/documents/DFAIT-Unconference-Workshops-Feb-9.pdf