[HOT] Libya Health Facillity Map

=?us-ascii?B?UGllcnJlIELpbGFuZA==?= infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 9 14:47:29 GMT 2012

The World Health Organization (WHO) has asked HOT and the Stand By Task Force (SBTF) to activate to map health facilities in in Libya. This should be done in a very short period of time.

For this Task, I have developped a Monitoring Map (Openlayers API) that interact with GDoc spreadsheet to facilitate input of information and monitoring :
1. A GeoRSS overlay containing the GDoc records showing Health Facilities in the Registry.
2. A function to click on the map to add information about a facility. Medical fellows from Libya will then have the possibility to simply add information in a GDoc that will later be treated by the Task Force.
url -> http://pierzen.dev.openstreetmap.org/hot/openlayers/libya_health_edit.php

This API works fine except for the Switch Mode Form (permuting between Navigation and Edit Point Mode).

Since I don't have enough expertise about events in Openlayers, I request your help to fix this problem.

In the HTML, I have radio buttons
            <input type="radio" name="type" value="none" id="noneToggle"
                   onclick="toggleControl(this);" checked="checked" />
            <label for="noneToggle">Navigate</label>
            <input type="radio" name="type" value="point" id="pointToggle"
                   onclick="toggleControl(this);" />
            <label for="pointToggle">Add Facility</label>

In the Javascript, the toggleControl(element) function lets permute between the two modes. On the other hand, the   events.register("click", map, function) opens a popup when we click on the map. This should popup only when the Add Facility mode is active.

I dont succeed in reading status of Controls object.  As I understand it, there should be an instruction that will let me know if the Controls(point) is active.

Anybody can help me about that?

Pierre Béland