[HOT] How to tag traditional housing?

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Sun Jul 1 18:47:52 BST 2012

Dear all,

I am wondering whether some of you would have advice regarding the tagging
conventions for traditional mud / adobe houses? I have checked a bit on the
wiki, but haven't found anything on this topic...

If anyone has already worked with this issue, what has been the strategy?

   - building = adobe_structure (or whatever else value)
   - building = residential + *another combination key-value*
   - *...?*

I am still uncertain whether we should tag the structural type of the
building (mud vs concrete vs...) or the local name describing the type of
building, and any idea or experience would be very helpful!

This is the kind of structure I want to find an good tag for:

http://www.pamirs.org/images/culture/images/fodder%20on%20roof%20andarob.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2339/1957905239_5187610d79_z.jpg?zz=1

Thanks in advance!

Stéphane
--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info