[HOT] Help mapping non-mapped areas of Tajikistan

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Sat Jul 28 07:05:25 BST 2012

Dear all,

I am using this channel to broadcast this information to all interested
mappers. We have bought and put online a high-resolution imagery of the
town of Khorog <http://osm.org/go/zxm5A1KA-->,in Tajikistan. Khorog (30000
inhabitants) is located at the Afghan border, 2000m a.s.l. and is highly
exposed to natural disasters (earthquakes, avalanches, landslides...). The
goal of our project is to build upon OSM to provide the first detailed
spatial database ever. Those data will then be used (amongst others) for
disaster risk reduction.

If you wish to participate, here is some additional information:

The first priority is to map:

   - All roads / streets / alleys
   - All buildings
   - Main natural elements (riverbed, landcover...)

In order to guarantee some harmonization, the most relevant tags for the
Tajik context are described and illustrated here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Tajikistan/Tags

Presets for JOSM have been developped as well and are available here:
http://humadat.alwaysdata.net/tms/khorog/preset/preset_tj.xml [How to use
the presets in JOSM:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Preferences/Map#TaggingPresets ]

The imagery is available as TMS here:
http://humadat.alwaysdata.net/tms/khorog/{zoom}/{x}/{-y}.jpg [How to add a
TMS image in JOSM:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Preferences/Imagery ]

To avoid overlapping edits, it is advisable that mappers use the tasking
manager http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/44

Thanks in advance for your help and don't hesitate to contact me, should
you have any question or comment.

Cheers,

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info