[HOT] Survey for Increasing Membership Involvement

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Jun 5 17:31:06 BST 2012

Hi Mike,

Thanks for adding comments. I had a question about the hiring process
survey question (yes I'll add a link to the process).

We currently do allow for remote work. The Haiti Data project which
was advertised back at the beginning of the year for example.

Also, I agree with translating the job positing, but does it make
sense to just translate them into languages that are required for the
job? The majority of project work is teaching OpenStreetMap physically
in a country somewhere, so usually there are languages that are
required for that. Also all the contracts currently are short-term, so
I'm not sure what the difference would be.

As for the additions for adding tools. I think it might be better not
survey on the tools, just that the structure should exist. The other
ideas are worth discussing, but I feel like it should be more the
realm of the technical infrastructure group. Meaning I can see the
agreement that the infrastructure would only use FLOSS software, but
I'm not sure if specifying it hosts Ushahidi makes sense.

-Kate