[HOT] New Bing Imagery in Mali and delimitation of riverbanks

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 17 04:06:32 BST 2012

New highres Bing Imagery is available in Mali, at least around Gao in the north part along the Niger river.  This Imagery let us reconsider where to trace the Niger riverbanks. This Imagery was taken at high water and in many parts we see flooded farmlands.  This brings the question about where should we trace the riverbank. If at high water levels, many villages will be in the middle of rivers or lakes. For areas like the Niger river, what should be the rule?

Pierre