[HOT] Separate Data Store installation script

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:32:29 BST 2012

Dear all,

I've written a rough and ready bash script that will install the HOT
Separate Data Store [0] on a Ubuntu 12.04 machine. The idea is that the
software can be easily trialled or deployed with minimal user interaction;
I'm not expecting anyone to be using this script to create production
services, but I'm hoping that it'll get more people trying the software.

Briefly described, the script installs dependencies via apt-get and gem
install. it creates a database and initial admin user, downloads the latest
SDS version from github and fires it up. There's a little bit of user
prompting along the way.

I've attached the script to this email and would be interested to hear if
anyone had any feedback on it, especially if you try it out! I'm pretty
sure that there are multiple ways it could be improved, but it seems to
work as-is at least.

Cheers, Joseph

[0: https://github.com/hotosm/sds-server]