[HOT] Improving the map of Walikale - Walking Papers

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:46:11 BST 2012

Fred,

Thanks for the post. It's great to see the relation developing with ICRC
from remote mapping on sat imagery to this current first interaction with
Red Cross volunteers on the ground through Walking papers. I'd like to add
that ICRC is also considering and preparing in Walikale to carry out edits
on the ground which is particularly exciting. In addition to this,
Guensmork, Judith (Communaute OpenStreetMap Hatii), Kenelson (Saint-Marc
mappers), Jean-Guilhem and I (HOT) met with French and Haitian Red Cross in
Veyrette (Artibonite/ Haiti) to discuss on the ground support to their
teams involved in Water and Sanitation as well as DRR activities in Bas
Artibonite. There is a great potential for both HOT/ OSM and the Red Cross
in this given the dual nature of both voluntary movements and also
organizations.

Nico

2012/3/23 Frédéric Bonifas <fredericbonifas at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Following the baseline mapping of Walikale in DR Congo, the ICRC has
> asked their local team to report missing information, such as street
> names or POIs. The result is a set of Walking Papers to work on.
> If you are interested in participating, I have added the details on
> the Walikale wiki page : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Walikale
>
> Uploads and very slow on Walking Papers yesterday and today, and I
> only managed to upload the first three. The following ones will
> hopefully be uploaded this weekend : I will update the wikipage and
> post back here once everything is uploaded.
>
> Please ask if you have any question.
>
> Best
>
> Fred
>
> --