[HOT] Re : Disecting the openstreetmap + potlatch

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Sat May 5 22:14:31 BST 2012

Hi Douglas

Thanks for this contribution.

Notes of the last meeting are at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training/Apr_24_2012_Notes and the next meeting is scheduled on irc://irc.oftc.net/hot, tuesday 8, at 15:00
gmt.

On the wiki page  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training various audiences are described.  For each of these
audiences, we should be able to detail on the wiki page what material  is
available (worsheets and videos), what is desirable.

We find an abondance of QGIS tutorials
including videos, In comparison, it seems that there is less material for
Potlatch2 and JOSM.  QGIS tutorials are
divided by tasks, wich facilitate consultation.  Below are links to such
tutorials.

http://linfiniti.com/dla/     Introducing
to GIS (11 worksheets + sample data)
http://qgis.spatialthoughts.com/ Spatialthoughts : QGIS tutorials 17 worksheets)
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/How_do_I_do_that_in_QGIS QGIS : How I do that in QGIS? (More than 80 tutorials including
videos)

Even if  HOT contributors cannot
participate to meetings, we invite them to contribute to the wiki page or
comment on this HOT list. Do you think that we should develop  similar
material for Potlatch2 and JOSM?  We also invite you to contribute to
the inventory of what material already exist.

Pierre