[HOT] Eurosha en République Centrafricaine, une premiere evaluation par les tuteurs souhaitee / Eurosha in CAR, hope for a first evaluation by the tutors

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Nov 6 09:54:40 GMT 2012

Severin,

I think if mapping the POIs not inline with community practices it is
important to make sure a script can at least fix the issues later. It
is also important to capture the issues and have them worked into
tools. In this case the HOT Export tool would be the appropriate tool
that should be modified (if anyone is interested in working on this
sort of thing awesome).  So key is making sure the POIs that will need
to be modified to the polygons later are inside the polygons.

These sorts of tool issues should be logged as features in the Github
project for the tool that needs the modification:
https://github.com/hotosm/hot-exports

Are you mapping the building use when mapping the nodes and the
building outlines? Basically here are the rules we follow in
Indonesia:

1. Schools are mapped as points for the school, but all the buildings
are mapping as building=school, but then a POI is made for the actual
school (many schools here have more than one building). I don't think
you should be mapping each individual school building that has
classrooms as a separate item.  That is going to cause issues in
analysis. For example with impact modeling done in Indonesia if you
were to map all the classrooms as single schools the count of flooded
facilities would be off. The count of buildings would be okay though.

If you map the use of the building to the building outline you still
will have one topology for those buildings, so I'm not sure why you
would add a node for the type of school building on top. I don't see
the ease this is creating.

-Kate