[HOT] Volunteers without Windows to Review Documentation

Guttorm Flatabø post at guttormflatabo.com
Mon Oct 1 12:57:03 BST 2012

I see what you're trying to do. Google Docs is easier to use, but when the
document is ready for publication it will be converted to ReStructuredText
which is easier to manage on Github, right?

To *maintain* them on both platforms sounds like a mess in the making, or
prone to frustration and loss of contributions.

Pehaps an alternative is to (write and) maintain them on the Github wiki?
Then you'll get rst files with an open (you can allow all Github members to
edit) "WYSIWYG" interface which is both easy to edit and easy to maintain.
The wiki is also a git repository like all others, and it could be kept as
a git submodule in the learnosm repository. The webmaster would check all
new contributions before they were made live.

I'd like to be added to the Google Docs, I use Lubuntu and could review
those parts.

--
Guttorm