[HOT] [OSM-talk-fr] Tuteurs pour volontaires européens/Tutorships for the Eurosha volunteers

Olivier Perret pepelemoqueur at free.fr
Tue Oct 30 10:09:24 GMT 2012

Séverin MENARD (Le Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 02:15:20AM +0100):
> (Google translate into Eglish below)
>
> Bonjour à tous,
>
> Merci à Christian d'avoir fait cette annonce et merci à ceux qui ont
> manifesté leur intérêt pour ce soutien à distance des volontaires Eurosha
> (projet européen de création d'un corps de volontaires européens). J'ajoute
> à ce message la liste HOT au sein de laquelle ce concept a déjà été
> présenté et dont certains membres se sont également montrés intéressés pour
> un support à distance. Nous avions résumé les discussions à ce sujet sur
> cette page du wiki OSM :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Tutorships
>
> L'idée d'un tuteur OSM est donc que cette personne ait un rapport
> plus privilégié avec un groupe d'individus/une communauté et se sente prêt
> à s'engager à la soutenir, sur le temps qu'il ou elle veut y consacrer.

Hi,

Thanks for this information.

I suppose you have only a little time to visit other agencies,
but for the Internet access in french speaking countries, have
you considered using the "Campus Numerique Francophone" network ?
There are actually one in Bangui, Bujumbura and Ndjamena:
http://www.auf.org/bureau-afrique-centrale-et-des-grands-lacs/implantations/

They usually offer open access rooms for local students and are
also open to other humanitarian agencies (i'll did it in Dakar,
where their campus is actually pretty large).
I'll send to you personnaly the 3 local descriptions i have got.

If i can be of any help in contacting these people or giving
local advice (for example in Bangui where i have been working
a bit for the Institut Pasteur), please just ask.
It will be a pleasure.

For tutoring the volunteers, i can't say if my recent experience
in mapping parties is enough but i'll do as possible.

Et bon courage à vous tous.

Olivier Perret -=- perrets at free.fr