[HOT] Invitation to Participate in International Map Symbology Survey

Kostelnick, John jckoste at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 5 13:48:59 UTC 2013

April 5, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are cordially invited to participate in a research study that is investigating current practices in the use of maps and map symbols for hazard, risk, and crisis mapping by humanitarian organisations, international agencies, national governments, and NGOs around the world. We invite you to participate in the study by completing a short (5-10 minute) questionnaire where you will be asked to provide input on your experiences in the use of maps and map symbols for crisis and humanitarian relief activities. Your input will be of great value to the international community of humanitarian organisations and NGOs as key challenges in the development and usage of hazard, risk, and crisis map symbols are identified. All results from the project will be available upon request.

The questionnaire is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SymbologySurvey

We would be appreciative if you could complete the questionnaire at your earliest convenience. The questionnaire will take approximately 5-10 minutes to finish. If you have participated in the study already, please accept our thanks and appreciation.

We kindly ask that you forward this request to any colleagues in your organisation that are involved in any mapmaking or GIS activities.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and input.

Best Regards,

-------------------------------
John C. Kostelnick, Ph.D.
Douglas Clay Ridgley Fellow