[HOT] Crowdsourcing Satellite map gaps

alyssa wright alyssapwright at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:08:12 UTC 2013

I like this.  It reminds me of Trevor Paglen's thesis Blank Spots on the
Map: The Dark Geographies of the Pentagon's Secret
World<http://www.amazon.com/Blank-Spots-Map-Geography-Pentagons/dp/0451229169>.

"...geography theory tells us that it really isn't possible to make things
disappear, to render things nonexistent. Geography tells us that secrecy,
in other words, is always bound to fail, and because secrecy is always
bound to fail, perhaps counterintuitively, it tends to grow even stronger."

Alyssa.