[HOT] Crowdsourcing Satellite map gaps

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 14:55:43 UTC 2013

Nice approach.

Would integrate which imagery providers in particular have gaps, and which sources are listening for requests.

In OSM, Bing is our main source, been pretty decent analysis of its global coverage; and it's getting better all the time, the area of the Chinese quake was well covered.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bing/Coverage

HOT's usual places to go with requests are State HIU, which we can use through the Tasking Manager; as well as directly to imagery providers, Spot for example shares generously.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

is missing and report, thus crowdsourcing the demand data for agencies
and vendors to take up.