[HOT] Newbie question on digitization quality

Russell Deffner russdeffner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 15:26:14 UTC 2013

Hello Peter,

Yes, this is the right place to address your concerns.  The tasking manager
is a work in progress and unfortunately people for whatever reason may
validate their own tasks (probably just to avoid embarrassment) and
hopefully that changes in the future.  However, don't let that stop you from
improving the data/map - you may take an additional step of contacting the
mapper who is creating 'poor' data; but hopefully they are just doing their
best and would welcome any improvements.  The only exception I would see is
if they're tagging source=local knowledge or =survey, then you probably
don't want to adjust that data to Bing; but if it's tagged source=Bing (or
no source) than you're probably safe to change.  Of course this is a dynamic
situation and in theory the map/data will need updated as new imagery or
survey is available.

Thank you,

=Russ

Russdeffner on OSM