[HOT] Monsoon Rains 2013 in the Philippines (was Fwd: Help in geolocating evacuation centers for DSWD (Habagat 2013 response))

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 12:17:45 UTC 2013

Dear Hotties and crisismappers,

The annual monsoon rains have once again flooded large parts of the
Philippines [0].  The local OSM-PH community is currently compiling
information to assess if there are needs for remote mapping.

So far, no explicit request for basemap updating through
OpenStreetMap, other than a request from the social welfare agency
(Department of Social Welfare and Development, DSWD) to locate
evacuation centers [1].  This request requires local knowledge which,
the local OSM community is doing its best to respond.  If there are
people in this list who have intimate local knowledge of the areas
listed, we request you to help.

Thanks!

[0] http://reliefweb.int/report/philippines/philippines-southwest-monsoon-flooding-situation-report-no-1-19-august-2013
[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2013-August/004573.html