[HOT] Kenyan or African OSM community?

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 21:03:22 UTC 2013

During the Mali mapping work a wiki page was created:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/North_Africa_Tagging

Originally a 'Mali tagging' page was planned, but I suggested generalising more. I guess the process of spotting things in aerial imagery in rural North Africa will be very similar to east africa.

...but also pretty similar to south africa, and actually pretty similar to rural india. Not sure how to organise that actually. Maybe "subtropical" regions all have a lot in common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Klimagürtel-der-erde.png

Aside from that scoping question, I'd say the page could be improved to be more like mapping cheatsheet with actual images for easy reference.

Harry