[HOT] Hot Code of Conduct - Feedback welcome

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 22:07:59 UTC 2013

Dear Hotties,

Over 2013, a group of HOT community members have collaboratively written a
Code of Conduct, open to comment and input from all hotties. The most
recent public discussion of the Code was way back in May![1] So we’re long
overdue to share this near final draft, and move to finalize over the next
month.

The Draft HOT Code of Conduct:
https://hackpad.com/Mission-Statement-and-Principles-L4HZQqyImMI

A Code of Conduct is key to every open source community. Last year Willow
Bl00, Rob Baker and I were part of a team of Volunteer Technical
Communities who created a code of collaboration [2] inspired in part by
Ubuntu [3], prior to the Crisismappers conference 2012.  As part of the
Ushahidi community, we remixed it to make this a standard [4].

 Thanks to the HOT Code draft writers:

Russell Deffner, Katrina Engelsted, Kate Chapman, Joseph Reeves, Mikel Maron

Feedback and Final edits due by December 31, 2013. The Code of Conduct
would be presented to members at Membership renewal in January. How to
comment - you can add 'inline comments' or respond to this email. We'll
collate it and share the final draft.

Thanks,

Heather

 [1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2013-May/003135.html