[HOT] OSM Certification Process

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 05:47:38 UTC 2013

Yes, from my side I am getting setup to do something like the training that
HOT has been doing in disaster areas, highly detailed survey work, and I am
eager to meet and discuss with anybody else who might be interested in
joining together to grow and maintain the docs. Over the course of 2 years
in becoming familiar with the OSM community's work I am still at a loss
about where these docs fit best.  I love the learnOSM site and I still look
back at the work I began on the OSM wiki and wonder sometimes where the
docs should go, and how we can work together to share information about
tagging in Indonesia versus Vietnam and more!

So, as far as a target of having a certification program, I think this
could be something to at least start the conversation and could serve to
bring more clarity.  Obviously HOT has done a huge amount.  Maybe we could
set up a team to join together around the certification?

* Certification objectives
* Trainer documents
* Multilingual document upkeep
* General contribution team/rules/process

Count me in :)

--
Alex