[HOT] Imagery for Haiyan/Yolanda Processes

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 17 14:36:52 UTC 2013

Hi Kate

Awesome update.  Logistic is an important aspects of such humanitarian relief operations and damaged buildings data was probably a key source of information.

Looking at the various cluster actions, it would be interesting to know how the damage building data helped to establish priorities, whichi process the various analysts followed using OSM data as soon as it was coming out.  And ten days after the typhoon, maps were ready to be used, GPS data to be imported in Garmin GPS.

It is important for us to better know how our effort to map contribute to these complex humanitarian actions. I am sure there will be interesting stories about this.

Pierre