[HOT] Mali and Syria

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 2 02:03:25 GMT 2013

Rafael,

I agree with you that we should consider to adapt the Task Manager to the multicultural context of hotosm.

Pierre Giraud could tell us if there were plan already to go in this direction and how easy it would be. But this would surely need a few volunteers to translate.

Pierre

>________________________________
> De : Rafael Ávila Coya <ravilacoya at gmail.com>
>À : hot at openstreetmap.org
>Envoyé le : Vendredi 1 février 2013 20h14
>Objet : Re: [HOT] Mali and Syria
>

>I would more than glad to post something in the talk-es too, to gather some more mappers from the spanish-speaking community.
>
>I see one handicap here for spanish would-be contributors: OSM
    Tasking Manager is only in english.

>It would be a very nice idea to have it translated in different
    languages, with a menu on the top to choose your prefered language.
    I offer myself to make the translation into spanish, through
    transifex or any other means. And again, it would be important too
    to deploy an easy way to translate the description, workflow...
    texts to different languages, so we could reach more people.

>Cheers,
>
>Rafael Ávila Coya.
>
>On 01/02/13 22:55, Pierre Béland wrote:
>Joseph,
>>
>>I will try to write a blog for these three activations during
        the weekend.

>>I already wrote to crisismappers distribution list and will
        write to Talk and Talk-fr.

>>We should also try to be more public about these three
        activations. As a start we should publish these activations in
        hotosm twitter and facebook.

>>I agree that we should relay the information about these three
        activations.  Let's look at what we can do about this.

>>Pierre
>>

>>>________________________________
>>> De : Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com>
>>>À : Norman Rathmann <info at laxmi-reisen.de>
>>>Cc : HOT at openstreetmap.org
>>>Envoyé le : Vendredi 1 février 2013 15h46
>>>Objet : Re: [HOT] Mali and Syria
>>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>I'll publish a blog update on Monday that might encourage more people to participate; in short, mapping products including osm data are being provided to aid agencies working on the ground in and around Syria. They look great and people are really thankful that they can get osm data. A definite success story and we're still in very early days!
>>>Thinking of the three recent activations, could someone come up with an overview post for the main osm blog? That should help our profile within the osm community and will be the sort of thing that could be disseminated to a wider audience. If nothing else we might be able to gain some publicity off the back of the recent MapMaker coverage.
>>>Speaking of blogs, I think all us coordinators should be making a real effort to publish regular updates. It's certainly something I'm very conscious of.
>>>In other news, we've just started organising a Syria mapping party within our local osm group. Hopefully we'll get people involved that are new to both HOT and osm. If anyone reading this is in Oxford, come along! If you're not in Oxford organise your own event! There's free HOT stickers and badges for any local groups (once I've had them made...)
>>>Thanks to everyone who is looking at the Task Manager and getting jobs finished, it has a massive positive impact.
>>>Happy Friday everyone! Joseph
>>>On 1 Feb 2013 19:45, "Norman Rathmann" <info at laxmi-reisen.de> wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi Pierre and Joseph

                      Syria jobs and it seems they are really important

                      mapping for HOT, i guess it will take a long time

                      get more active mappers?

                      to finished all of this jobs in a good time
                      (maybe i am wrong and time is enough there)