[HOT] Syria Activation update

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:58:29 GMT 2013

Dear all,

I'm very happy to let you know that the first three Syria tasks have been
completed and I've added the next three (slightly smaller) jobs to the
tasking manager. A massive thanks to everyone's that's been tracing and
validating these tasks - you're all heroes.

The products of our tracing are already being put to good use, please see
the MapAction reference atlases that have been produced using OSM data.
These are being actively used for the Syrian humanitarian response:

http://www.mapaction.org/syria

I've typed all this up into a brief blog post:

http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-02-06_syria_activation_update_our_progress_so_far

Thanks again to everyone that's got involved, you're making a genuine and
much appreciated difference.

All best, Joseph