[HOT] 00_OSM_kit?

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Feb 18 07:45:37 GMT 2013


Hi Stacey,

I would say that Field Papers is a bit more stable than Walking Papers
at this time so that is your best bet.

-Kate

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Maples, Stacey <stacey.maples at yale.edu> wrote:
> We have a group of students working with the hospital in Deschapelles over
> Spring Break, and many are interested in using OSM and other tools to help
> locals create a tourism map and increase the resolution of the current
> basemap in the area around the town.  I’m putting together a package of info
> on tutorials, platforms, etc…
>
>
>
> They are also interested in enlisting the COSMHA group to teach some mapping
> workshops for locals.  Any contacts would be appreciated.
>
>
>
> Is Walking Papers still the preferred platform, or are people using the new
> Field Papers version?
>
>
>
>
>
> In F, L & T,
>
> Mr. Stacey D. Maples
>
> GIS Specialist & Instruction Coordinator
>
>
>
> Twitter = MapNinja
>
> AIM = yalemapninja
>
> GTalk = yale.map.ninja
>
> Yahoo IM = stacemaples
>
> ICQ = 57891396
>
>
>
> Yale University Map Department
>
> Sterling Memorial Library 7th Floor
>
> 130 Wall Street /P.O. Box 208240
>
> New Haven, CT 06520-8240
>
> P:203-432-8269 F:203-432-8240
>
> The Yale University GIS Support Page [http://guides.library.yale.edu/GIS]
>
> The Yale University Map Department [http://www.library.yale.edu/maps]
>
> Yale GIS-L Mailing List Subscription
> [http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/gis-l]
>
> Search for scanned maps and other Digital Objects from Yale's Library
> [http://discover.odai.yale.edu/ydc/]
>
> Yale GIS Workshops Calendar [http://bit.ly/xqPvdS]
>
>
>
>
>
> "I have a map of the United States... actual size.
>
>                 It says, "Scale: 1 mile = 1 mile."
>
>                                 I spent last summer folding it."
>
>                                                                 -Steven
> Wright-
>
>
>
> From: Kate Chapman [mailto:kate at maploser.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:47 AM
> To: Maples, Stacey
> Cc: hot
> Subject: Re: [HOT] 00_OSM_kit?
>
>
>
> Hey Stacey,
>
> The kits have changed quite a bit since then. The teaching materials we use
> for example are now LearnOSM.org (if you need the more advanced ones they
> are still in some Google docs and not up yet on the website).
>
> The tagging has been simplified in a lot of cases as well.
>
> Maybe if you could explain a bit more what your goal is we could point you
> on the right direction.
>
> Kate
>
> On Feb 13, 2013 10:02 PM, "Maples, Stacey" <stacey.maples at yale.edu> wrote:
>
> Wondering where I can download the OSM Kit referenced, here:
>
>
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Haiti_Strategy_And_Proposal/Mission_3/To_Do
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In F, L & T,
>
> Mr. Stacey D. Maples
>
> GIS Specialist & Instruction Coordinator
>
>
>
> Twitter = MapNinja
>
> AIM = yalemapninja
>
> GTalk = yale.map.ninja
>
> Yahoo IM = stacemaples
>
> ICQ = 57891396
>
>
>
> Yale University Map Department
>
> Sterling Memorial Library 7th Floor
>
> 130 Wall Street /P.O. Box 208240
>
> New Haven, CT 06520-8240
>
> P:203-432-8269 F:203-432-8240
>
> The Yale University GIS Support Page [http://guides.library.yale.edu/GIS]
>
> The Yale University Map Department [http://www.library.yale.edu/maps]
>
> Yale GIS-L Mailing List Subscription
> [http://mailman.yale.edu/mailman/listinfo/gis-l]
>
> Search for scanned maps and other Digital Objects from Yale's Library
> [http://discover.odai.yale.edu/ydc/]
>
> Yale GIS Workshops Calendar [http://bit.ly/xqPvdS]
>
>
>
>
>
> "I have a map of the United States... actual size.
>
>                 It says, "Scale: 1 mile = 1 mile."
>
>                                 I spent last summer folding it."
>
>                                                                 -Steven
> Wright-
>
>
>
> From: Mikel Maron [mailto:mikel_maron at yahoo.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:33 AM
> To: hot at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [HOT] Monday 5pm EST Re: brainstorm on membership, board,
> bylaws
>
>
>
> Thanks, that was a productive kick off.
>
>
>
> Notes compiled here (thanks Heather!)
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z54XlB1Yszk1HrtrDJD724l6-ZIZtfso_8v5lRiEdDA/edit?disco=AAAAAFkkndw#
>
>
>
> The IRC log is posted
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Bylaws/Brainstorm_20130211
>
>
>
> The Bylaws themselves weren't visible on HOT's website. I've updated
> permissions, should be accessible now.
>
> http://hot.openstreetmap.org/our_board/incorporation
>
>
>
> We had some emerging next steps, especially documenting the various roles in
> HOT, particularly (in my view) a membership and contributor guide to HOT.
>
> Please step up if you are ready to push ahead!
>
> Perhaps next meeting we can have some draft documents to discuss.
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> -Mikel
>
>
>
> * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com>
> To: "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>
> Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:33 PM
> Subject: Re: [HOT] Monday 5pm EST Re: brainstorm on membership, board,
> bylaws
>
>
>
> Hi
>
>
>
> We start in 30 minutes on #hot...
>
>
>
> Mikel
>
>
>
> * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com>
> To: "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>
> Sent: Friday, February 8, 2013 11:56 AM
> Subject: [HOT] Monday 5pm EST Re: brainstorm on membership, board, bylaws
>
>
>
> Hey
>
>
>
> Thanks everyone for responding. Consensus is to meet on Monday at 5pm EST.
>
>
>
> We'll gather on IRC, room #hot. If you aren't familiar with IRC, there's a
> quick guide on the wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IRC. Or email
> direct for help.
>
>
>
> Before the meeting, please look through the Bylaws,
> http://hot.openstreetmap.org/our_board/incorporation, and gather up your
> thoughts.
>
>
>
> We can take notes, build up a picture of the issues, propose the spectrum of
> options, on GDocs while we discuss. Started one here, will open it for
> editing during the meeting.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z54XlB1Yszk1HrtrDJD724l6-ZIZtfso_8v5lRiEdDA/edit#heading=h.10c6c19gg4ey
>
>
>
> Thanks again, let's talk Monday
>
>
>
> -Mikel
>
>
>
> * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> HOT at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> HOT at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> HOT at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



More information about the HOT mailing list