[HOT] Mali multi-spectral imagery

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Feb 25 07:26:02 UTC 2013

I have put a set of multi-spectral false-colour landsat imagery covering
Mali on my server.

A preview is available at
http://imagery.paulnorman.ca/tiles/MEN_N_30_10_2000.html#8/12.600/-2.500

This imagery is 15m Landsat imagery taken in 2000 and put into a mosaic by
the USGS. Although I don't have a month, it looks like most of it was taken
in the wet season, perhaps after the waters started to go down.

The URL for JOSM is
http://{switch:a,b,c,d}.imagery.paulnorman.ca/tiles/MEN_N_30_10_2000/{zoom}/
{x}/{y}.png and the zoom range is 7,14 The approximate coverage is
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?bbox=-6.5238,9.9661,0.5524,15.01&box=yes

This includes the south Niger delta and Mopti.

Because the area is not generally very cloudy there is a *lot* of landsat
imagery available. It would require some processing to make any available
(pan-sharpening, combining bands, etc) but if there was enough interest I
could do so.

More recent imagery is problematic because of a failed component on Landsat7
which leads to gaps in the imagery, making stitching it together harder.