[HOT] Mali Pre-Activation Follow-up

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 17 22:21:48 GMT 2013

We are asked to map in detail the city of Diabali and the neighboorhood following the combats in this area.

This new task has been added : http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/143

The humanitarian NGO's are preoccupied by the situation in Mali.  The population movements following the combats in the north are increasing the humanitarian crisis. We are discussing with partners and are considering to move officially to a Humanitarian Activation by the HOT community.

On Jan 16 2013, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) highlights this complex emergency situation in Mali.
	* An
estimated 228,920 people are displaced inside Mali.
	* There are an estimated 144,446 Malian
refugees in neighbouring
countries.
	* Limited access is preventing needs assessments and humanitarian assistance operations.
	* The protection of civilians in the north is a key humanitarian
concern. Other priority needs include food, shelter, cash transfers and
health services.

Pierre