[HOT] Liaisons for Activations

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Jul 1 05:19:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I changed the subject because it was a bit off-topic from the flooding.

HOT already does this, but just doesn't have a name for it. There are
members that current specifically work with different NGOs. Usually
before starting an activation there is a discussion about who can be
the interface between the formal sector as well. I think the main
thing though is without activation protocols sometimes there are
activations without that discussion. This is when we run into
situations where there isn't someone clearly leading it.

I think it is important that this be interlaced with the Code of
Conduct as well. When people are given the authority to speak for HOT
it would be best to have guidelines, so that there isn't confusion on
anyone's part.

Thanks,

-Kate