[HOT] Meeting of the Togo Support Team - July 12, 2013

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 23:07:27 UTC 2013

Tonight we had our first meeting with the new team leader inTogo now that
Nicolas has left.  We began by trying to get voice communication working
over mumble and skype and had some limited success with both, but the
bandwidth limitations on the Togo internet connection proved problematic.

They are working on finishing up the tracing in the western part of the
city for some work they are doing there with another group.  They have
asked us to try to go through to finish up and validate the tasks on the
job listed below.  There have been a lot of new mappers from Togo working
on some these tasks so please be careful when validating to make sure that
everything is traced properly, and also clean up any buildings which are
poorly traced (the josm plugin 'utilsplugin2' has a 'replace geometry'
function which works very well for this).

http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/262

On a separate issue, Nicolas has a couple more documents that need
translation, I think these are from french to english.  I have uploaded
them to my dropbox account, they are available at the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yysuna20rwu8jpt/For%20translation.zip

Signed,

The Members of the Togo Experimental Support Team

Pierre Béland
Andrew Buck
Will Skora