[HOT] Central african republic import

Simeon simeon-online at gmx.de
Thu Jun 13 11:58:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

First: Thanks for your quick and elaborate response.
Contrary to what I wrote before, the road I meant didnt disappear, it was downgraded to a path and
the rest left as a secondary. But this still explaines one of the problems with imports:

You can do them automatically (using a separate account as it falls under the mechanical edit policy
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edit_Policy - at least thats how I understood it),
but what do you do with the roads/rivers/places that are already there?
Especially if, like in this case, the data to be imported is from 2009 (at leastthats what the
source tag says) and the Bing pictures are from 2003 (according to the bing aerial image analyzer).
Many helpers like myself have used those images to trace various things  and will continue to do so;
so there could be discrepancies.

Can we limit this task to "well-seasoned mappers". Or do we have enough people willing and able to
get the job done using some kind of private task manager not open to the general public?

Whatever may happen, I am suer we can all agree that we should take all the data, help and people to
help we can get.

Regards,

Simeon