[HOT] 2013 North India Floods : Follow-up and mapping coordination

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 23 18:36:32 UTC 2013

To facilitate the follow-up on this activity, I have renamed the object of the email from [HOT] [Talk-in] Fw: [CrisisMappers] 25 killed;    24,000 stranded as rain wreaks havoc in Uttarakhand, India

A Task manager job have been created for Haridwar urban area. See http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/260
Hot Contributor are invited to contribute by mapping these areas.

For people with knowledge of the present situation in north of India, please report other areas that you think they should be mapped in priority. Please report to this list and describe the situation.

The people with local knowledge can also contribute greatly to the map by geolocating and adding description to the public services buildings, hospital, schools, shelter places, etc.

Wiki page where more informations and instructions are provided about this emergency.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2013_North_India_floods

Pierre

> De : Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>
>À : Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya at gmail.com>
>Cc : OpenStreetMap in India <talk-in at openstreetmap.org>; "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>
>Envoyé le : Dimanche 23 juin 2013 11h41
>Objet : Re: [HOT] [Talk-in] Fw: [CrisisMappers] 25 killed; 24,000 stranded as rain wreaks havoc in Uttarakhand, India
>

>Ishan,
>

>To reassure you and the India community, we are many at HOT to follow the situation. Has you saw, Harry and Andrew have started to document a wiki page were mapping priorities are expressed. It is suggested to start mapping the major roads and rivers.
>
>The next step is to establish other mapping priorities. For urban areas, we can create rapidly Tasking Manager jobs to facilitate Remote mapping by the larger OSM community and add the corresponding information in the Wiki Page.  Could the India
 community identify these zones to cover?