[HOT] knight civic media session

alyssa wright alyssapwright at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 19:19:18 UTC 2013

While I'm not sure I agree with all your conclusions -- as I generally
don't believe people are greedy and ignorant because they choose a
different path than I do (Go figure. I'm funny like that) -- you touch upon
good questions of participation.  Who participates in citizen data
collection? Why? Who has access? What are the biases? This actually
dovetails nicely with Jeff's points about framing the questions and
interpreting the data.  Who is the community in a community driven process.
 Who is the "citizen" in citizen data collection.  And why do I always come
back to the same question...

Thanks,
Alyssa.