[HOT] Haruna Cyclone in Madagascar

Eric Sibert courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Wed Mar 13 08:54:46 UTC 2013

Hi Kate,

> There is a Wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bing/Priorities

I was aware that there was something in the past to request Bing
imageries. But it is nearly 2 years old. Is it still active?

> Though I don't suspect that imagery updates will happen in time to be
> useful for the response. There are many parts of the world not well
> covered by Bing, though they are adding many places all the time.

They added a lot of places in Madagascar last year. None were
available in high resolution before June 2012.

For the present response, sure it is to late. But Madagascar is hit by
2 to 3 cyclones each year with a strong cyclone each 3 to 5 years. So,
I would like to prepare for the next one. I may prioritised
considering highly populated places without map.

Eric