[HOT] Status of the Humanitarian Data Model (HDM)?

Brian Wolford worldwidewolford at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:48:16 UTC 2013

Hey Franz-Josef,

Yeah, I archived that page as allot of the practices are out of use now and
have been moved more inline with existing OSM tags. Didn't know how/didn't
have time to update the page.

The main reference to what the current running practices are for field work
is indeed the preset file.

A very useful wiki page representation of the XML can be found here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags/HDM_preset
and so features can be checked to see which tags are used with them.
Hopefully letting the main wiki speak on its own.

Main source, conversation here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags#HDM_presets

Note: This was mainly focusing on "everyday HDM features" and was not an
updating of how things are done in disaster response, conflict, ect. (road
block, road damage, refugees, collapses, ect.)

Mesi,
brian