[HOT] digitization of buildings

Tom Taylor tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:58:28 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 4:22 AM, frmoine wrote:
> digitization of buildings Bing pre-Image:
>
> I have noticed on some areas that people put a big polygon borders areas
> over several buildings.
>
> Let me remind you that building is unique ( base on roof color, shadow)
> and in most case it is either rectangular or square. So no trapeze or
> bizzare form.

I am guilty of a few of these. The reason is that I've been mapping in
other areas (Pakistan, Africa), where it seems fairly clear that
conjoined buildings by your definition belong to the same family (sit in
the same walled compound) and may just be considered to an original
building with an addition. Following your definition would certainly
make image interpretation easier and mapping faster.

Tom Taylor
TomT5454