[HOT] Typhoon Haiyan Mapping Progress

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:54:24 UTC 2013

Totor,

The best thing to do with these kind of issues is after the people
have stopped working in the area, just have 1 single person download
the whole area and look through it.  Even for a very large city like
Tacloban, you can look over the whole thing in a couple of hours
(assuming everything is done).  Filling in the missing bits and double
checking the tagging is a very useful thing to do.  For anyone
interested in seeing how to do this I can show you via skype
screenshare, contact me at andrewbuck40 on skype if you are interested.

The short version of how to do this, is use either the mirrored
download plugin for josm to download the area or for smaller towns
just a normal api download or two will be enough.  Then enable the
typhoon josm paint style available on the wiki so you can see the
building damage tags.

- -AndrwBuck