[HOT] Task bounds in iD

Kathleen Danielson kathleen.danielson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 19:08:10 UTC 2013

I may have missed this come across the list, but in case no one has
announced it yet, there is now a way to see the limits of your task from
the Tasking Manager in iD.

When you check out a task in the TM you can now download a .gpx file that
shows the bounds of the task. After you check out the task, simply right
click the .gpx link, and save the file. Drag and drop it into iD, and
you'll see the bounds of your task!

We've already been using this lots today in DC at our CrisisCamp. All the
new mappers have found it incredibly easy to use.

You can see the conversation that led to this new feature here:
https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1965

Many thanks to everyone who contributed, and Daniele Venzano for the
Tasking Manager pull request!